Monday 23 July 2012

The Final Wait


The beta is over and the wait begins, now comes the days where the withdraw from the game starts to feel as if something is missing. Looking on the bright side; we have only 32 days left till the release of the game so it wont be long until we are back in Divinitys Reach checking the trading post for Masterwork items, stood playing with the dyes you have unlocked through unidentified dye loot drops and enjoying the true variety and alive feeling of dynamic events.

I tried to test the game as best I could over the weekend, exploring as much of the world as possible, especially the new areas. I wasn't able to play world vs world or structured PvP as much as I had liked but I played it enough to see potential issues and get a feel for what it's going to be like playing on a larger scale and time frame. There were a few small things that I noticed could be improved and I did submit a fair few bug reports in the hope that the issues that were found are removed before the final release. I will write a more in-depth post about the beta tonight containing as many of my ideas and improvements along with some of my favourite moments and experiences of the final beta weekend event.